Nordic Walking in Spain
This sport is an enhancement of ordinary walking
What is it?
Is a relatively new sport in its modern conception. It's a specific fitness technique ALFA 247 and is not to be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running as the poles are not planted in front of the walker/runner but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. It can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment or clothing.
Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along – this means he/she works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
A training for all:
- For people of all ages.
- For people who have never practiced sport.
- For people with back problems, osteoporosis or chronic diseases.
- Overweight (stimulates fat metabolism)
- Ideal for athletes as an alternative in its training plan.
- It is beneficial for anyone who wants to do something to improve their health, fitness and figure.
Benefits of Nordic Walking:
The new movement for the whole body is pleasant, very effective and acts gently but efficiently, improving muscle strength, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems, coordination and mobility.
- It is much more effective than walking without poles.
- Stress on joints is much lower than in jogging.
- It exercises 90% of the body musculature.
- Increases oxygen supply.
- It relaxes the tension of the neck and the cervical area.
- Eliminates stress.
- Optimize the work of the heart.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Retards aging.
- Is performed outdoors, and it is fun!
You can find this activity available in several locations, of PaddleinSpain center group -