Getting started or improve with Stand Up Paddling (SUP) and tour across the caves and cliffs in Fornells
The activity will be placed in Menorca (Balearic Islands). Stand up paddling has become the fastest growing sport on the water this past year. The first step in learning to stand up paddle is getting your board to the water.
This course consist in giving you the basics to be confident with the table and paddle and stand up easily with an instructor that will helps you to improve your riding style. That will be the first half an hour to get introduce into:
- How to carry your board
- Position, knees, feet straight and parallel, eyes pointed forward.
- Focus on your paddling technique for efficiency and stablishing good paddling habits.
- Holding the paddle (mastering the basics of teh paddle strokes will allow you to paddle more efficiently)
- The forward stroke – once you are in the water and starting to get comfortable paddling around.
- The power phase
- The recovery phase
- Turning strokes
- Stance options
After that, lets Stand Up paddling!
We will paddle through Fornells Bay to reach the cliffs of la Mola de Fornells, La cueva del inglés where there is a very rich seabed… we will discover the most representative fauna and flora of the area an enjoy of a landscape of crystalline waters and great beauty. We will paddle back to the beach of Fornells and we will be finishing with some stretching exercises.
The day starts at the PaddleinSpain Centre Group – located in Fornells.
You will receive your equipment (board, ..etc), getting ready and let’s start.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity
This activity is available from May til September (depending on weather conditions)
Everyday meetings from:
- Morning: 10am
- Afternoon: 3.30pm
Let us know your preferences and your schedule will be confirmed under request
|LEVEL||Beginner (not necessary previous experience)|
|INCLUDED||All the equipment required for the activity (SUP, paddle,..)|
Health and third-party insurance