KAYAK CAMP – 3 day paddling journey in the Nort-East Spain
This 3 days of kayaking trip goes along a singular branch of the Ebro river, both rich in natural values and historical patrimony. A natural experience by yourself.
This adventure will consist on a selfguided tour, we only offer the kayak rental full equipment, briefing first day, two nights permission to camp your tent, and collecting service at the end of your adventure.
The starting point is the village of Flix, and trip continues through some of the most vegetated parts of the Ebro including some Natural Reserves and the Castle of Miravet, several islands, the sunken village of Fayó, the historical city of Tortosa, and the awesome Natural Park of Deltebre wellknown for its great variety of fauna and flora.
Total lenght of the trip is total 3 days but can be extend to 4 days(*) arriving to the Mediterranean Sea (upon request ).
So the expedition will be split in 3 stages:
- From Flix to Miravet (1st stage – 5-6hrs approx, 25km-30km)
- From Miravet to Aldover (2nd stage . 5hrs approx, 35km)
- From Aldover to Amposta (3rd stage) (15km)
End of Tour or;
or if you do (*)4 stages, this one will arrive to Deltebre (30km)
- From Deltebre to Mediterranean (*)
This trip is intended to average fit people who enjoy outdoors activities as well as discovering singular cultural heritage. Single or double kayaks or double Indian Canoes will be our loyal companions.
- Minimum age: 14 years and be confident on paddling.
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult and request this program in advanced in order to get the permisions to camp on time.
- All participants must know how to swim.
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake on this tour.
- This expedition can be affected for bad weather conditions, on this case the organizer can cancel the activity.
This service is available the whole year. (depending on weather conditions – however is recommended from May to October)
Let us know your preferences and it will be confirmed upon request.
If you are less than 4 people the price will be: – 3 pax: 129€ x person / 2 pax: 149€ x person.
|PLACE||Flix, (Ebro river)|
|INCLUDED|| Permission to set your tent (No showers/ no toilets). This area is near the urban, and its easy to find supermarkets, bars and other services.|
Program based by a minimum of 4 people
Daily kayak rental equipment (wide range of kayaks available; double or individual, sit-in or sit-on top, paddle, spray deck, life jacket)
Dry bags (for your clothing, camera, and phone)
insurance while you are in river
Road book and maps of your itierary, all the tourist info of the area, 24 hrs emergency call.
A fully breafing on your arrival and safety rules and the whole daily info.
Collect service in Deltebre and back to the starting point or train station.
RECOMMEND TO BRING
Flix to Benissanet passing through: Vinebre, Garcia, Móra la Nova, Mora d’Ebre, Benissanet/Ginestar, Miravet. Today and tomorrow is probably the best landscape in our whole trip due to the Riparian Forest besides the river. Also our northern part is where you find more current on river being much comfortable our paddling and easier. Highlights on board: Subarrec Island and from Galatxo to Mora.
The whole section paddling calm with no stress takes you between 5pm-6pm.
Feel free to camp your tent on a field, (our local guide will show you where, on the route-plan first day).
Passing by Benifallet with the “Pas de Barrufemes”, Tivenys, Xerta, Aldover.
Great Landscape through Barrufemes creek, Riparian Forest and the silence of the Islands all around. Highlights on tour:
- The old town of Miravet, with its old quarter that seems to climb its way from the river up the rock wal, under the shelter of the Castle. Narrow streets fully of character and enjoy sights such as the Jewish area, the old Renaissance Baroque Church and old shipyard pier.
- Benifallet, good option to stop and have lunch in one of their home made food Restaurants
- Xerta Lock, one of the most spectacular places on the lower section river. Major work of hydraulic engineering that transformed the economic activity of the area.
The whole section paddling calm with no stress takes you between 6pm-7pm.
Feel free to camp your tent on a permitted area with toilets (football field in Aldover) and if you are coming during the summer time July 1st til Aug 30th also you are able to use the swimming pool and showers.
Passing by the city of Tortosa with the emblematic suspension bridge, the Dock and the nautic Club.
Highlights: Txiquina Island, city of Tortosa and its bridges.
The whole section paddling with no stress takes you 4hrs approx.
The Delta de l’Ebre Natural Park situated in the mouth of the most deep Ebro river and along its 320 Km2 you will discover dunes, salt works, lagoons, more than 350 species of birds and an immense alluvial plain, which is the main humid area in Catalonia and one of the most important of the Mediterranean area.
Congratulations you did it!
Our staff will pick you up and collect all your belongings and bring you back to the starting point or maybe to the train Station in Tortosa or the closest Bus Station.
End of this awesome adventure.