The international canoe Sella river descend
This activity gives you a chance to try out one of the most popular and fastest growing water sports ever. This funny experience will gets you from Arriondas to Llovio through 15km (9.3 miles) descending by Ribadesella. This place is perfect for canoeing trip down the lovely River Sella with a picturesque scenery and ideal water conditions. All sessions are tailored either for complete beginners or for those with some previous experience to ensure everyone and has enjoyable and constructive time on the water.
Once you have arrived to our PaddleinSpain center in Arriondas and be welcomed, your day will begin with a thorough safety briefing covering the techniques and safety aspects of canoeing. Once you get change at our facilities, our staff will transfer you to the wharf and the beginning point.
You can start between 11am til 1pm and from Arriondas you have 2 points to finish your descent and disembark:
- first is going to be after 7km (4.35miles) in Toraño
- Second and end point after 15km (9.3 mi) in Llovio
Fortunately, you can stop when and where you like, eat your picnic (including: meet pastry, tuna cake, sweet almond pastry and bottle of water), have a drink, admire the wonderful scenery, stretch your legs, have a swim, and explore the riverbank other than with your head.
When you finally reach your destination downstream between 3 to 5 hours later (depending on your faster paddling) you are picked up and driven back to base camp. An excellent day out, and a real achievement on every level.
Be advised: this activity and Picos de Europa its a very welknown area, and in summer time its busy, and Sella river in August usually crowed.
PRICE FOR KIDS UNDER 12 Y. = 20€ x kid
- Minimum age: 5 years (sharing a kayak with an adult or two)
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity
- This activity is weather dependant, in a case of strong storm or adverse weather conditions an alternative will be offered.
This activity is available from Easter to 1st November – other dates for groups under request.
Departures between 11am until 1.30pm
Let us know your preferences. Your tour will be confirmed under request
|Ticket Type||Adult, Kids (5-11 years)|
|PLACE||Arriondas (Picos de Europa)|
|DURATION||Whole day (4hrs approx.)|
|LEVEL||Beginner (not necessary previous experience)|
|INCLUDED||Health and third-party insurance
All the equipment required for the activity (canoe, life jacket, paddle..)
Picnic (Asturian picnic lunch) *optional under request Vegetarian meal