Introduction to the world of canoeing or kayaking for all ages!
Kayaking or Canoeing in a river class I-II gives you a chance to try out one of the most popular and fastest growing water sports ever.
This trip begins on the river bank at Caldelas, near the thermal spa, passes through numerous beaches and river islands to reach the Arenera´s beach to see the stunning sight of two historic towns, Tui (Spain) and Valença (Portugal).
All sessions are able for complete beginners or for those with some previous experience to ensure everyone and has enjoyable and constructive time on the water.
The kayaks are very stable, and you can descend by yourself or in double, triple or event four people (3 adults and a child) capacity.
Once you have arrived to our PaddleinSpain center in Tui (Pontevedra) and be welcomed, your day will begin with a thorough safety briefing covering the techniques and safety aspects of kayaking. Once you get change at our facilities, our staff will transfer you to the beginning point.
This descend its easy enough to go by yourself. When we get to the end point we can have a little bit rest, swim in the waterfalls and enjoy the environment.
- Minimum age: 5 years (sharing a kayak with an adult or two)
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity
- This activity is weather dependant, in a case of strong storm or adverse weather conditions an alternative will be offered.
This activity is available the whole year – except from Dec to mid March for weather conditions this activity needs to be under request.
Departures between 10.30am until 1pm
Let us know your preferences. Your tour will be confirmed under request
|Ticket Type||Adult, kids (from 5 to 11 years)|
|PLACE||Arriondas (Picos de Europa)|
|DURATION||6km (2hrs approx.)|
|LEVEL||Beginner (not necessary previous experience)|
|INCLUDED||Health and third-party insurance
All the equipment required for the activity (canoe, life jacket, paddle..)
Picnic (1 sandwich + fruit + bottle of water)
Local transfers (from Tui to Caldeas)