A selection of the most emblematic spots of the Galician Coast in 6 days/5 nts paddling accross the Pilgrimage Route to Santiago de Compostela
Galicia! The melodious sound of its name; “ga-lee-thee-a”, evoke the soft breezes, silent mists and white sands.Bordered by Portugal to the south and the Atlantic to the north and west, Galicia is lush green land covered with chestnut trees and forests fragrant with the scent of eucalyptus. Rias, or estuaries, usher the ocean inland to towns and cities, creating some of Spain’s most memorable scenery.The coastline is more developed, more lively and more open to the world than the interior, which remains overwhelmingly rural- and hauntingly beautiful.
This program consist in making a sea kayak expedition through Saint James way usually this way “Camino de Santiago” is walked from al over Europe by thousands of people every year. Now, for the first time, pilgrims and others have the opportunity of doing the Camino del Mar in a guided group on kayaks. The Ria Baixas is an unspoilt part of Spain offering a quiet, unhurried lifestyle, with old fishing villages, traditional cooking and sprawling vineyards, all best experienced by kayak. We will take you to the isles and protected waters of the Ria, some of which are still reminiscent of Viking, Roman, Moorish and Celtic times. You’ll paddle amongst Galicia’s famous oyster and clam farms, past white sandy beaches and over often turquoise waters. DISCOVER FOR YOURSELF THE MAGIC OF THE LAND
Our plan consists in 77km whole distance in a Kayak + 25km walking: El Camino del Mar is designed to go from less to more. We increase the distance and effort gradually.
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Juniors must be always accompanied of an adult
- Not sea kayaking experience needed
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity, or food alergies.
- This activity can be affected by extreme weather conditions, if this happens the organization will offer you better and accessible alternatives.
This is a total adventure, so we recommend to bring the only necessary outfit and not to be bring too much staff (max recommended 40l x person including your tent, sleeping bag, clothes..)
This tour is available from June to September – our Calendar dates for the following season are:
- June: from the 22nd til 27th
- July : from June 29th to July 4th, – from 6th to 11th, from 20th to 25th, and from 27th to August 1st
- August: from the 3rd to the 8th – from the 10th to 15th – from 17th to 22nd – from 24th to 29th.
- September: from Aug 31st to Sep 5th – and from the 7th to the 12th
(all dates are upon request, depending the availability)
Depending on weather conditions we can organize other dates under request with a minimum group size (4 people)
Let us know your preferences and your adventure will be confirmed under request
|Ticket Type||price x person|
|DURATION||6 days / 5nts|
|LEVEL||Beginner (not necessary previous experience to take part on this program, but necessary to be in a good physic conditions)|
|INCLUDED|| Sea Kayak (double seated) and Gear Transport + local transfers from/to departing point if its necessary. (not Airport transfer included)|
Included gear: kayak + paddle + buoyancy aid + dry bag 40 li, liquid bottle 600ml
Instruction and Guides 24hrs to your disposal
Insurance RC and Accidents
Full pension including from your arrival date to your departure. 3 meals/day plus Snaks and water everyday
6 nights / 5 days Tour (descrived on program)
Accommodation : 3 nights in Youth Hostel (multiple rooms)- 2 nts in a tent campsite in front of the sea
all activities included on board (snorkeling on the best spots of Ria), hiking, kayak fishing, and a lot of surprises on tour.Local Taxes
RECOMMEND TO BRING
- Meeting with the group at 5pm
- Briefing and welcoming
- Equipment test
- Welcoming Dinner
- Accommodation on a Youth Hostel in Camping.
The adventure begins today! 1st Stage) San Vicente – O Grove – Isla de la Toja – Natural Park de Carreiron – Arousa Island (16km)
- Breakfast on a Camping Restaurant
- Fits on your kayak, basics and safety introduction, get change and ready to go
- Whole day tour stopping on the Sea Museum to have our picnic lunch and walk a while accross the Natural Park of Carreiron.
- Accommodation in tents on a Camping site and Dinner on a typical “chiringuito=beach restaurant”
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our second adventure day.
- Whole day kayaking navigating all the Natural Park (Paradise area) to Punta Cabio (Coruña) Lunch on a “chiringuito Beach Restaurant” sorted of tapas and sea food.
- BBQ dinner and accommodation on a tent in a Camping site
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our third adventure day.
- We’ll paddle from the beach of PUnta Cabio to Pobla do Caramiñal, Cabo Cruz, Islands of Bao ” authentic Paradise, with the low tide cross to Rianxo
- Paella lunch in Cabo de Cruz
- Dinner and accommodation in Youth hostel in Camping Rianxo (rooms based on 4 – 6 pax each)
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our fourth adventure day.
- Whole day of great environment paddling across the National Park to Catoria, from there we will paddle into the river Ulla, navigating to Pontecesures where our kayak route ends and we will get ready to walk to Padron.
- Accommodation in a pilgrim Budget Hotel and dinner in Padrón (tipical Octopus restaurant)
- Breakfast in Hostel – packing all our staff and ready to go for our last day tour.
- We cross the valley of the poetic River Sar, the Sanctuary of A Escravitude and we reach the top of O Milladoiro– the “humilladoiro”, that is, the place where pilgrims “humiliated” or knelt when they saw the cathedral for the first time. Here Compostela can already be breathed.
- Transfer to our base and end of services
CONGRATULATIONS ” YOU DID IT” !!!