A selection of the most emblematic spots of the Galician Coast in 7 days/6 nts paddling accross the Pilgrimage Route to Santiago de Compostela
Galicia! The melodious sound of its name; “ga-lee-thee-a”, evoke the soft breezes, silent mists and white sands.Bordered by Portugal to the south and the Atlantic to the north and west, Galicia is lush green land covered with chestnut trees and forests fragrant with the scent of eucalyptus. Rias, or estuaries, usher the ocean inland to towns and cities, creating some of Spain’s most memorable scenery.The coastline is more developed, more lively and more open to the world than the interior, which remains overwhelmingly rural- and hauntingly beautiful.
This program consist in making a sea kayak expedition through Saint James way usually this way “Camino de Santiago” is walked from al over Europe by thousands of people every year. Now, for the first time, pilgrims and others have the opportunity of doing the Camino del Mar in a guided group on kayaks. The Ria Baixas is an unspoilt part of Spain offering a quiet, unhurried lifestyle, with old fishing villages, traditional cooking and sprawling vineyards, all best experienced by kayak. We will take you to the isles and protected waters of the Ria, some of which are still reminiscent of Viking, Roman, Moorish and Celtic times. You’ll paddle amongst Galicia’s famous oyster and clam farms, past white sandy beaches and over often turquoise waters. DISCOVER FOR YOURSELF THE MAGIC OF THE LAND
Our plan consists in 77km whole distance in a Kayak + 25km walking: El Camino del Mar is designed to go from less to more. We increase the distance and effort gradually.
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Juniors must be always accompanied of an adult
- Not sea kayaking experience needed
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity, or food alergies.
- This activity can be affected by extreme weather conditions, if this happens the organization will offer you better and accessible alternatives.
This is a total adventure, so we recommend to bring the only necessary outfit and not to be bring too much staff (max recommended 40l x person including your tent, sleeping bag, clothes..)
This tour is available from June to September – our Calendar dates for next season are:
- June: from the 10th til 15th and from the 24th til 29th
- July : from 1st to 7th, – from 8th to 13th, from 15th to 20th, from 22nd to 27th and from 29th al 3rd Aug
- August: from the 5th to the 10th- from the 12th to 17th – from 19th to 24th – from 26th to 31st.
- September: from 2nd to 7th – from the 9th to the 14th
Depending on weather conditions we can organize other dates under request with a minimum group size (4 people)
Let us know your preferences and your adventure will be confirmed under request
|Ticket Type||price x person|
|DURATION||7 days / 6nts|
|LEVEL||Beginner (not necessary previous experience to take part on this program, but necessary to be in a good physic conditions)|
|INCLUDED|| Sea Kayak (double seated) and Gear Transport + transfers from/to departing point
Included gear: kayak + paddle + buoyancy aid + dry bag 40 li
Instruction and Guides 24hrs to your disposal
Insurance RC and Accidents
Full pension including from your arrival date to your departure. Snaks and water everyday
6 nights / 5 days Tour (descrived on program) + first before tour begins and last night after ending tour.
Accommodation : 3 nights in Youth Hostel – 2 nts in a tent Campsite – 1nt Hotel or Parador (in Santiago de Compostela)
all activities included on board
Airport transfers (Santiago or Vigo)
RECOMMEND TO BRING
- Collecting transfer from the Airport to our facilities in San Vicente de O Grove
- Briefing and welcoming
- Dinner on a traditional Galician Restaurant
- Accommodation on a Youth Hostel in Camping Rianxo.
The adventure begins today! 1st Stage) San Vicente – O Grove – Isla de la Toja – Natural Park de Carreiron – Arousa Island (16km)
- Breakfast on a Camping Restaurant
- Fits on your kayak, basics and safety introduction, get change and ready to go
- Whole day tour stopping on the Sea Museum to have our picnic lunch and walk a while accross the Natural Park of Carreiron.
- Accommodation in tents on a Camping site and Dinner on a typical “chiringuito=beach restaurant”
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our second adventure day.
- Whole day kayaking navigating all the Natural Park (Paradise area) to Punta Cabio (Coruña) Lunch on a “chiringuito Beach Restaurant” sorted of tapas and sea food.
- BBQ dinner and accommodation on a tent in a Camping site
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our third adventure day.
- We’ll paddle from the beach of PUnta Cabio to Pobla do Caramiñal, Cabo Cruz, Islands of Bao ” authentic Paradise, with the low tide cross to Rianxo
- Paella lunch in Cabo de Cruz
- Dinner and accommodation in Youth hostel in Camping Rianxo (rooms based on 4 – 6 pax each)
- Breakfast in the Campsite – packing all our staff and ready to go for our fourth adventure day.
- Whole day of great environment paddling across the National Park to Catoria, from there we will paddle into the river Ulla, navigating to Pontecesures where our kayak route ends and we will get ready to walk to Padron.
- Accommodation in a pilgrim Budget Hotel and dinner in Padrón (tipical Octopus restaurant)
- Breakfast in Hostel – packing all our staff and ready to go for our last day tour.
- We cross the valley of the poetic River Sar, the Sanctuary of A Escravitude and we reach the top of O Milladoiro– the “humilladoiro”, that is, the place where pilgrims “humiliated” or knelt when they saw the cathedral for the first time. Here Compostela can already be breathed.
- Accommodation in Hotel “Parador” in the middle of the city center of Santiago (or similar upon-request)
CONGRATULATIONS ” YOU DID IT” !!!
End of Services